NEXT MEETING: August 7, 2020
BACK ON MY FEET
Andrea Enfield is the Development Manager for the California region of Back on My Feet, a non profit that uses the power of community and accountability through fitness, alongside their robust workforce development program, to transform lives of individuals experiencing homelessness and addiction. Andrea has worked on the Back on My Feet team for three years, previously based with their New York City chapter and is joining Back on My Feet California this summer. After being challenged by an alumni member, she ran her first marathon in 2018 and hasn’t stopped running since… often training with her Back on My Feet teammates including current members, alumni, and volunteers.
Learn more about the San Francisco chapter.
- Don Lau announced dates for the next Community Service Committee meeting, next Thursday at noon
- Next Community Service Project is scheduled: Vitalant Blood Drive, Wednesday 9/9/20
- Melinda McCrary announced the Richmond Museum contest
- We acknowledged the 75th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki with a socially distant US-Japan Sister Cities bell ringing ceremony at Shimada Friendship Park on August 5th. Our featured guest, Tanemori-san, spoke about his experiences being one of the 2% survivors within 1 mile of the bomb radius and finding salvation through forgiveness and peace.
- SOS Richmond is still looking for a donation of a full-sized pick-up truck to move their mobile shower unit and provide services to homeless camps. If you have any contacts that can assist, please call or text Tom Herriman (206) 353-5978.
- Several of our club’s committees want to recruit new members! These are great opportunities for service. Please contact the Chairs if you are interested:
- Norm Lundberg for the International Service Committee
- Don Lau for the Community Service Committee
- Nakele Rechenauer for the Communications Committee
- If you haven’t paid your Rotary dues yet, please do so now! Visit our website and use the PayPal button in the lower right hand column. Thanks!