NEXT MEETING: July 26, 2019
Plug into plans for the Centennial Year ahead! Looking ahead for Richmond Rotary.
Meet the new incoming board and committee chairs. Anticipate what lies ahead as we celebrate our 100th Anniversary year and its culmination in a grand event on April 4, 2020. Fasten your seat belt!
- Jan Brown announced that next week’s Rotary Club Assembly is an open discussion about this year’s activities and goals.
- Secretary Connie Tritt presented a recap of board actions including the adoption of a half-year budget cycle for FY19/20.
- Jan Brown gave a shout out to Cecilia Orozco for organizing the barbeque for last week’s Luncheon at Pogo Park. Cecilia received a rousing standing ovation of appreciation.
- In a letter to Rotarians, Rotary International President Mark Maloney outlined this year’s goals and the Rotary International theme: Rotary Connects the World.
MEETING OF July 19, 2019
President Jan Brown welcomed Rotary members, visiting Rotarians and guests.
Liliane Koziol led us in the Pledge of Allegiance. Herb Cole asked for a moment of silence
For Peace, Freedom and Justice on earth.
Newly minted Sgt-at Arms Alan Blavins delivered the thought for the day.
Tita Escalada, President of Hercules Rotary Club
Jan Brown’s Guests: Byron Brown and Kaki Logan
Bob Dabney’s Guest: Cheryl Maier
Henry Moe’s Guest: Brian Fay
- Don Lau reported that Dan Tanita is doing much better. The Rotary Club has approved an honorary membership for the year.
Recognitions and Happy and Sad Dollars
- Past Sergeant-of-Arms Sid Chauvin enjoyed his first day ‘off the job’ in 13 years! Thank you Sid for your longtime and faithful service to Richmond Rotary!RECOGNITIONS Ric AmbroseJosh Genser was recognized for his 38th glowing wedding anniversary with his wife Elaina. They celebrated the anniversary building a shed. (is it a She-shed or a He-shed?
HAPPY AND SAD DOLLARS
- Liliane Koziol is proud to be the President of the UNA-USA East Bay chapter of the United Nations.
- Hank Covell is proud of his son Jason who started as a bartender on a ferry, became a captain, and is now Marine Superintendent for the San Francisco Bay Bar Pilots.
- Bob Dabney: Although he was unable to attend the event, Bob thanked the Club for hosting last week’s barbecue luncheon at Pogo Park, and commended the Pogo Park staff for their presentation and the vision behind Pogo Park.
- Sid Chauvin is happy to celebrate his sister’s 95th and wife Zelpha’s birthday
- Byron Brown s excited and very surprised that the San Francisco Giants are doing well over the past two weeks and are only 15 games from first place.
- Henry Moe is sad about the recent passing of several grads (Alums) from Salesian School.
Darlene Drapkin, Rotary Club Program Chair and with her new professional position with the US Census Bureau as a Partnership Specialist for Contra Costa County, stepped up due to sudden cancellation of today’s program. She gave an in depth overview about the historic importance of the 2020 Census, the new changes in collecting data and coordination of several nonprofit groups informing the public about program.
Scribe for the day: Ric Ambrose