NEXT MEETING: November 1, 2019
It All Adds Up
Tina Akins, District Governor of 5160, will be visiting our Club and giving us an inspirational perspective of what it means to be a Rotarian in 2019-2020. She will talk about the magic of Rotary’s potential, especially in our individual charitable work, which adds up to something much bigger than expected.
- Jan asked how many Rotarians will be affected by the possible PG&E power outage coming this weekend and suggested that those not affected should be inviting those folks to dinner on Sunday.
- Bob Dabney via Cheryl Maier alerts our club that The City of Richmond is hosting a site visit to some of Richmond’s parks (including Harbour-8 and Unity Park) which are under consideration for major funding from the CA Parks Dept. Their evaluation will be this Wednesday. If you can help with clean up Saturday, Monday or Tuesday, contact Toody Maher with POGO park at 510-590-1716.
- On Wednesday, October 30, Cheryl urges you to come to the parks (see announcement above). “Folks can walk, sit and have a cup of coffee, take lunch there or do anything that shows we love our parks.” Pres. Jan will be at Harbour-8 Wednesday morning (10am) admiring Richmond Rotary’s Oak Grove tree protectors built last spring! She hopes to see you there! Come to the park – any time!
- Alan Baer announced tonight’s (October 25) TGIFF Halloween Costume Party at La Cuscatlan Restaurant hosted by San Pablo Rotary. $15 per person for appetizers. No host bar. Jan is going as Rosie the Riveter! [Late Breaking News: “Rosie” won the best female costume!]
- Fran Smith attended the City of Richmond Homeless Taskforce Stakeholders Meeting on October 17th. The purpose of the meeting was to share updates on the COR Homeless Taskforce Strategies with other potential collaborators. Thanks Fran for giving us this update.
- Don Lau reminded all Rotarians about Club 100 — don’t forget to make your $100 donation to the Club to honor our 100-year Club Anniversary and the Miraflores Project. We need 100% participation from all of our members. Go to the Club 100 on our Website to see if you have donated. If not, get your donation to David Brown.
- Don also mentioned next Friday, November 1 (7:30 am) Richmond Fire & Police will hold a breakfast at Courtyard by Marriott, for the Toy and Food Program. He encouraged Rotarians to make donations.
- Pam Jones and our Speaker today, Ben Therriault, are on the “Bikes Holiday Program” as Pam relayed our Rotary’s important part of the Toy and Food Program by the Fire & Police Departments. Again this year, our Club will match the first $2,500 in donations to the bikes being given away. Pam made a $250.00 donation to start off our contributions today.
- Connie Tritt reminded everyone of RotaCare Richmond’s Gala Celebration on Saturday, November 2nd, 5:30 to 7:30 pm, at the Richmond Art Center. RSVP by emailing Richmond Clinic@RotaCareBayArea.org.