NEXT MEETING: July 24, 2020
ROTARY’S INTER-COUNTRY COMMITTEES
Dana Moldovan, Rotary Inter-Country Committees General Secretary, will tell us about 70 years of the Inter Country Committees Rotary Program: What is an ICC, what are its benefits, and how has the program developed during this time. Learn more here.
- District Governor Mark Roberts announced the creation of a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion task force for District 5160. More information to come soon!
- SOS Richmond is hoping for a loan or donation of a full-size pick-up truck or van to move their new mobile shower unit around town to visit homeless camps. The unit can provide up to 100 showers a week to people living without running water or access to bathrooms. If you have any ideas or contacts that might help in finding a truck, please call or text Tom Herriman (206) 353-5978.
- Several of our club’s committees want to recruit new members! These are great opportunities for service. Please contact the Chairs if you are interested:
- Norm Lundberg for the International Service Committee
- Don Lau for the Community Service Committee
- Nakele Rechenauer for the Communications Committee
- David Brown for the Finance Committee
- Have you checked out the Peacebuilders and Pandemics posters on our website yet? If you got a few moments, do it now. You may want to contribute your own thoughts.
- If you haven’t paid your Rotary dues yet, please do so now! Visit our website and use the PayPal button in the lower right hand column. Thanks
RECOGNITIONS AND HAPPY/SAD DOLLARS
LAST WEEK’S PROGRAM
Joe Berninger of the GLP shared the work being done in Guatemala to end the cycle of poverty through education