NEXT MEETING: September 20, 2019
Note that we're meeting at El Agave Azul Restaurant. Location below.
Roving Rotary: El Agave Azul
Richmond’s hottest new place to gather with friends and family officially opened last April. Cool full-service bar has a beverage for everyone and delicious tasty Mexican food. Owners Joaquin Rodriguez and Martin will be on hand to tell us about their new restaurant.
- Darlene Drapkin, our Program Chair, announced that our next 2 meetings are Roving Rotaries (due to a tournament at our Richmond Country Club home base). In both cases, our venue will be our program! This week we’re at El Agave Azul, located at 12955 San Pablo Ave. (map), a hot new Mexican restaurant in Richmond,
- On September 27 our club will meet at the Aqua Terra Grill of Contra Costa College, when Chef Nader Sharkes of the Culinary Arts of CCC as our speaker. A third Roving Rotary will be at Blue Apron on October 11. Please attend these opportunities to visit new places!
- District 5160 Fall Training Seminar is October 5 in Fairfield.
- Special Announcement: Joan Collignon announced the formation of Team Rotary BARSHEEP and its “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” on November 9, 2019 starting at Pier 27 in San Francisco. Sign up to walk or contribute at #Walk2EndALZ or alz.org/walk. Your support for Team Rotary BARSHEEP will directly support the research that will lead to Alzheimer’s first survivor!
- Barbecue Save the date! Santa and Alan Baer are offering a Barbecue benefit on Saturday, October 12 to support hurricane disaster relief efforts in the Bahamas through Mack Robinson (our beloved immediate past District Governor Assistant) and Rotary Clubs in the Bahamas. Stay tuned for the details.
- Erle Brown, Foundation Chair, made one last appeal to support all 30 teachers at Peres Elementary School. By meeting’s end, mission accomplished!